Algona Public Library offers volunteer opportunities for reliable teens and adults. By sharing time, interests, and abilities, library volunteers inspire curiosity, promote learning and innovation, spark opportunities, and make meaningful contributions to the library and the community. Individuals 16 years of age and older interested in volunteering at the library are encouraged to apply.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Assist with library events and programs - occasionally
- Recycle newspapers and magazines – weekly
- Distribute posters and promotional materials – monthly or bi-weekly
- Deliver materials to homebound individuals – as requested or scheduled
- Care for gardens and plants – seasonally
- Listen to readers – as needed
- Help with homework – a semester commitment
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out our Volunteer Application Form. We will be in contact with you.
The opportunities are numerous, and the rewards are countless.